Planning and Design Centered Around Your Students, Teachers, and Community
Wightman Education Expertise
Student achievement and safety. Academic growth. Faculty and staff well-being. Fiscal responsibility. These are among the growing list of expectations today’s educators, administrators, and boards face. At Wightman, we listen and learn to your organization’s unique needs, opportunities, and expectation through the Design Thinking process. We then apply our expertise to meet your criteria for success.
Central to our design philosophy are comfortable, functional spaces where students and educators are free to focus on teaching and learning. We use research-based techniques to increase efficiency, reduce operating costs, and promote environmentally sustainable design. We’ve applied these methodologies across the educational spectrum - from public K-12 systems and private schools to institutions of higher education – so you can be confident in our ability to partner with you and be your trusted adviser.
Among our education sector planning services are:
• Architectural, interior, and landscape design
• Master facility planning
• Project visioning
• Space utilization analysis
• Learning environment alignment
• Safety, security, and universal accessibility
• Energy management and efficiency
• Demographic studies
• Educational specifications
• Facility condition assessments
• Capital improvement planning
• Grant and bond proposal consulting
Our nationally recognized planning and architecture professionals work in tandem with a multidisciplinary in-house team to address even the most complex projects. These professionals provide site engineering, surveying, reality capture, environmental testing, and GIS for facility asset management.
Why Wightman for Education?
Wightman planners and designers help you make the most of unique opportunities and solve real challenges facing your educational organization. Our goal in Educational Facility Planning is to enhance student performance while reducing operational costs. To do this, we:
- Build Empathy-It starts by listening. You tell us how you work, what is important, and how you want people to interact within your planned space.
- Define Success-Together we use this information to define what project success will look like in terms of goals, budget, and timeline. This becomes the guide by which all else is measured during our collaboration.
- Iterate & Innovate-By blending your input with our expertise, we unlock the possibilities of how your project can take shape. We eliminate options that don’t ft and explore those that do. The most promising ideas are brought forward and narrowed down to the one that stands out to you.