As a marketing assistant who joined Wightman in 2017, Kristy is an important member of the marketing department and the administration team. With nearly 20 years of marketing and administrative support experience, you’ll find her doing anything from creating buzz about the company to proofreading ads to celebrating staff successes. If you ask, she will tell you that she loves her job. Whether she is attending a conference or trade show to showcase the company’s services, photographing a project groundbreaking, or creating statements of qualifications that convey the professionalism and knowledge of Wightman staff, she enjoys being able to support departments in their work with clients.
Areas of Focus
A.A. (Phi Theta Kappa)
Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Kalamazoo, MI
Professional Training & Registrations
- Rural Redevelopment Communities (Michigan) certified
- Leadership training including Catalyst University and Crucial Conversations as well as others
- PSMJ Proposal Bootcamp
- CPR/1st Aid Certified
- Photographed the Rose Veterans Memorial Park which received ACEC award
- Submitted nomination application for 20 Best Places to Work which received inclusion for 2019
Affiliations & Memberships
- City of Watervliet Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Chairman
- Watervliet District Library Board Member
- Writer & photographer for the Tri-City Record, a weekly newspaper covering the communities of Coloma, Hartford, and Watervliet
- Professional Photographers of America member
Here are four things to know about Kristy (not ranked in order of importance):
- Kristy is Joe Montana's #1 fan, although she has never met him.
- She loves having the ability to stop time and is especially passionate about sports photography.
- She is the second funniest person she knows; ask her who is number one.
- Kristy is truly blessed to be a member of the Wightman family! She couldn't ask for a better employer.