Back to Press Releases
Wightman 2021 Board of Directors Elected
Wightman, an employee-owned firm, is pleased to announce its 2021 Board of Directors.
Wightman President Matt Davis shared, “Founded in 1946, we are celebrating our 75th year in business. In addition to the leaders that comprise our Board of Directors, we are very fortunate to have a team of over 130 very talented professionals throughout our four office locations.”
Davis explained that as President he is not elected to the Board. He serves the Board, therefore it is his honor to announce the following leaders as the 2021 Board. The Board elected the officers shared below.
- Elected Chairman of the Board was Steve Carlisle, PE, of Stevensville, Michigan. Carlisle has been with Wightman for 24 years and serves as Director of Engineering for the company. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include operations knowledge, leading teams, and broad business knowledge.
- Mary Deneau Nykamp, PE, LEED AP of Coloma, Michigan was elected Treasurer. She serves as a manager in the firm’s civil engineering service area. Her specialty is water and wastewater, and work with municipal clients. She has been with Wightman for 13 years. The strengths that she brings to her role on the Board include bringing perspectives from all areas of the firm, a vested interest in the future as well as representing the next generation of Wightman leaders. Mary has a passion for serving clients and putting them first.
- Brian Lieberg, PS of St. Joseph, Michigan was elected Secretary. Lieberg, who has been with the firm for 27 years, serves as the Director of Survey. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include operations knowledge, being client centric, being very detail orientated, and a wide range of board experience.
Serving as Trustees on the Board of Directors are Greg Monberg of Michigan City, Indiana and Phil Doorlag of Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Greg Monberg, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, ALEP, MBA, serves as the Director of Architecture. He has been with Wightman for 4 years and brings over 23 years of experience at prior firms to his position. His specialty is educational and architectural design. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include business and marketing acumen, as well as a strong strategic and visionary mindset.
- Phil Doorlag, PE, serves as the Kalamazoo Regional Director. His specialty is transportation design, road reconstruction and rehabilitation, and asset management planning. He has been with Wightman for 15 years. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include building trusting relationships by understanding and caring about what is important to our clients in the region and being a valuable advocate for clients and the future of the Kalamazoo Region.
Chairman of the Board Steve Carlisle said, “Special thanks to Mickey Bittner who served as our Treasurer for a number of years. Mickey has stepped down from the Board, however he continues to serve clients and in a leadership role as the Allegan Office Director. His leadership and mentorship have been invaluable and key to growing the leadership of our firm.”