Brian Lieberg, PS
Director of Surveying, Chairman of the Board of Directors
Brian’s surveying expertise is a result of his passion for the exacting nature of developing and implementing surveying policies and procedures. As Director of Surveying, he oversees survey and reality capture operations at Wightman’s Allegan, Benton Harbor, and Kalamazoo offices. The 31-year land surveying veteran, who joined the company in 1994, also handles large-scale projects and mentors staff members working toward state licensing.
A project close to Brian’s heart is the Berrien County remonumentation project. He serves as a peer group member working on the effort to perpetuate and reestablish survey corners originally set in the 1800s. Among his other community-minded activities are volunteering as a fire fighter with the Royalton Township Fire Department and serving as Vice Chairman of the Royalton Township Planning Commission.
Areas of Focus
- Litigation/expert testimony
B.S. Surveying Engineering,
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
Professional Training & Registrations
- Licensed Surveyor in Michigan and Indiana
- PSMJ Principals Bootcamp & Project Managers Bootcamp
- Various Leadership Trainings including: Emotional Intelligence, Crucial Conversations, Catalyst University as well as others.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Peer Group Member of Berrien County Remonumentation Program
- Michigan Society of Professional Surveyors (MSPS)
- Royalton Township Fire Department
- Royalton Township Planning Commission
- Chairman of the Wightman Board of Directors