Back to Press Releases
Wightman 2020 Board of Directors Elected
Wightman, an employee owned firm, is pleased to announce its 2020 Board of Directors.
Wightman President Matt Davis shared, “Founded in 1946, we are celebrating our 74th year in business and could not be more optimistic about our future. In addition to the leaders that comprise our Board of Directors, we are very fortunate to have a team of over 130 very talented professionals throughout our four office locations.”
Davis added, “Just like all businesses we have experienced some recent staffing changes at Wightman that have led to the appointments we are sharing today. Long-time Wightman Engineer and Kalamazoo Regional Director Alan Smaka has left the organization to pursue other opportunities.”
Davis explained that as President he is not elected to the Board. He serves the Board, therefore it is his honor to announce the following leaders as the 2020 Board. The Board elected the officers shared below and appointed Mary Deneau Nykamp as a trustee.
- Elected Chairman of the Board was Steve Carlisle, PE, of Stevensville, Michigan. Carlisle has been with Wightman for 23 years and serves as Director of Engineering for the company. Steve previously served this role and is pleased to be serving in this role again. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include operations knowledge, leading teams, and broad business knowledge.
- Mickey Bittner, PE, of Hamilton, Michigan was re-elected Treasurer. Bittner serves as the Allegan Office Director and has been with the firm for 24 years. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include strong financial and business acumen, industry knowledge, connection to the team at all levels, and being very client centric.
- Brian Lieberg, PS of St. Joseph, Michigan was elected Secretary. Lieberg, who has been with the firm for 26 years, serves as the Director of Survey for the firm. Brian previously served as Secretary and looks forward to serving in this role again. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include operations knowledge, being client centric, being very detail orientated, and a wide range of other board experience.
Serving as Trustees on the Board of Directors are Greg Monberg of Michigan City, Indiana and Mary Deneau Nykamp of Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- Greg Monberg, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, ALEP, MBA, serves as the Director of Architecture. He has been with Wightman for 3 years and brings over 22 years of experience at prior firms to his position. His specialty is educational and architectural design. The strengths that he brings to his role on the Board include business and marketing acumen, as well as a strong strategic and visionary mindset.
- Mary Deneau Nykamp, PE, LEED AP serves as a manager in the firm’s civil engineering service area. Her specialty is water and wastewater, and work with municipal clients. She has been with Wightman for 12 years and is the first female to serve on the Board. The strengths that she brings to her role on the Board include bringing perspectives from all areas of the firm, a vested interest in the future as well as representing the next generation of Wightman leaders. Mary has a passion for serving clients and putting them first.
Chairman of the Board Steve Carlisle said, “I am truly looking forward to serving this role for the company. Thanks to the efforts and leadership of so many, we truly do have one of the most talented teams we have ever had. From our more experienced professionals to our younger emerging professionals, we are poised for a bright future thanks to the talented team we have assembled.”
Davis added, “We couldn’t be prouder with how our entire team has adjusted to working remotely due to COVID-19. Everyone has done a great job at transitioning to the circumstances at hand and still providing our clients with the same level of service we are known for even though it is remote.”