After many years as a legal secretary, serving as volunteer advocate for disabled children for the past 40 years, and working in public information, Judy was contacted by Wightman in 2012 to assist with archive research. In 2017, she was officially hired on as an administrative assistant. Her priority is researching the company archives, saving staff and clients precious time. Wightman has been in business since 1946, but records date back to the turn of the 20th century. On any day, she may research a project from a few months ago or the early 1900s. Her other duties include scanning, data entry, filing, editing, and serving as the front desk backup.
Areas of Focus
- Customer service
Lake Michigan College, Benton Harbor, MI
Many additional credits from Southwest Michigan College in Dowagiac, MI in creative writing courses, which I completed in the 1990's.
- While a student at Southwestern Michigan College (SMC) in the 1990's, first place from Detroit Women Writer's Association for story of fiction and third place from Detroit Women Writer's Association for story of fiction
- Published poetry in SMC book
Affiliations & Memberships
- Volunteer Advocate
- Charter Secretary, Civitan Club in Cass County, MI
- Charter Secretary, Cass County Democracy Club in Cass County, MI
- Served on Pokagon Township Planning Commission
- Helped establish parent groups in Cass and Berrien Counties
- Member of the United Methodist Church
My husband surprised me with a new license plate for my "new" 2003 bright red sports car: LILOLDY. Yes, even with that, we are still married, over 50 years now.