Management Consultant, Director of Environmental
Sarah’s experience has taught her that success is proven when environmental experts work collaboratively with members of other teams. She brings this partnership philosophy to her role as Management Consultant – Director of Environmental Services for Wightman, a role she began in 2018. During her 20-year career, Sarah has managed environmental projects (natural resources and environmental sciences) and both the environmental and access components of large-scale utility projects, in Canada and the U.S. Sarah has developed the knowledge and skills needed to merge environmental sustainability with infrastructure development and operations so the requirements and intent are understood and respected.
Sarah has numerous academic publications to her credit and has guest lectured at academic institutions, conferences and workshops. Sarah is passionate about her work with organizations involving pure-bred and mixed-breed dogs, as well as training initiatives; she can often be found out-and-out with her canine companions, for leisure and training purposes.
Areas of Focus
- Environmental management systems
- Natural resource management
- Due diligence
- Project planning/operations
- Construction environmental management
Professional Training & Registrations
- Safety Leadership Training
- Various Leadership Trainings including: Emotional Intelligence, Crucial Conversations, Catalyst University as well as others.
Alberta Environment Emerald Award - Nomination for environmental innovation/sustainability on Southwest 240kV Project
Affiliations & Memberships
- Lakeshore Networking Group
- Canadian Kennel Club Foundation - Board of Directors - Secretary
- Canadian Kennel Club Foundation - Fundraising Committee
- Canadian Kennel Club Foundation - Communication Committee