Director of Marketing
If you’ve seen Wightman at a trade show, on social media, or in the news, chances are you’ve experienced Jamie’s work. As Director of Marketing, she develops Wightman’s communications and marketing strategies, plans internal and external events, manages publications, and leads the company’s online presence. She joined Wightman in 2014, but her marketing experience dates back to 1995 when she began her career with Cornerstone Alliance in Benton Harbor.
Areas of Focus
- Public relations
- Event planning & execution
- Helping clients with groundbreakings & ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Communications & marketing plans
- Social media
B.A. Communications with a Minor in Marketing
Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN
Professional Training & Registrations
- PSMJ Project Managers Bootcamp
- Managing from the Middle offered through Southwest Michigan First
- Various Leadership Trainings including: Emotional Intelligence, Crucial Conversations, Catalyst University as well as others.
- Recognized as a Business Leader under 40 by Business Review Western Michigan in 2006
Affiliations & Memberships
- City Commissioner for the City of Coloma, Michigan
- Member of American Marketing Association (AMA) Southwest Michigan Chapter
- Michigan's Great Southwest Strategic Leadership Council
- United Way of Southwest Michigan as a Community Investment Team Member
- Volunteer with Junior Achievement at Lake Michigan Catholic Elementary School
- Lake Michigan Catholic Schools
- Served as a member of the Public Relations Committee for Habitat for Humanity International’s Jimmy Carter Work Project to held in Benton Harbor in June of 2005.
Jamie uses her leadership skills to mentor young people through Junior Achievement and serve on Michigan’s Great Southwest Strategic Leadership Council. She played an integral role during the development of Harbor Shores including managing publication of a coffee table book about the project. In her off hours, you can find Jamie cheering on her middle schooler in basketball and soccer.