Watervliet Water Improvements
- Construction of the new 500-gallon-per-minute well and building is helping the City meet the MDEQ’s water supply firm pump capacity requirements.
- To greatly enhance fire flows and pressures to the northern neighborhoods, two primary four-inch mains flowing under the Paw Paw River were replaced with two 12-inch mains and several eight-inch mains were added to feed that portion of the City.
- City-wide, water main improvements create a looped system of 12-, 8-, and 6-inch water mains to supply water in ample amounts in all directions with hydrant replacement and other appurtenances.
- Construction involved three directional-drill river crossings and two bore and jacks beneath the CSX railroad.
- WAI completed a USDA/MDEQ-required water system reliability study with testing and modeling, as well as preparation of the USDA, Rural Development application.